Listen to the Message
Words carry tremendous weight.
We must pursue a faith-focused life.
"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak..." (Matthew 12:36 ESV)
"...for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:37 ESV)
Your words matter.
1. The Words You Speak To Yourself.
- "What's this guy talking about? I don't do that."
- These words are either self-empowering or self-defeating.
- We need to make sure we're talking to ourselves the right way.
- ... but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God. (1 Samuel 30:6 KJV)
- He's talking to himself.
- Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits... (Psalm 103:1-2 ESV)
- You speak the Word of God.
- "You can do this"
- • You can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. [Philippians 4:13]
- • Greater is he that is in you than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4]
- • The joy of the Lord is your strength. [Nehemiah 8:10]
- • Through the power of the resurrection of Jesus Christ, you are more than a conqueror. [Romans 8:37]
2. The Words You Speak to Your Situation.
- You cannot get any bigger ... and I can.
- I have been given a spirit of power, love and a sound mind.
- You say what God has already said.
3. Your words have the power to ignite your faith.
- Think With Your Mouth.
- If it tastes good, eat it.
- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17 KJV)
- You can take it on yourself to proclaim God's Word at every opportunity.
- Speak the word of faith, and your faith will come alive.
- The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit. (Proverbs 18:21 NIV)
- God's people need to take a stand and boldly speak faith-inspired words in every situation.
- Remind yourself of what God has said about you.
- Engage your faith.