Listen to the Message
Once Upon A Time In Bethlehem
“I am the Lord’s servant. May it be as you have said.”
Joseph took the path of courageous obedience.
“and asked, ‘Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.’”
Matthew 2:2 NIVUK
“He tends his flock like a shepherd: he gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.”
Isaiah 40:11 NIVUK
“The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing.”
Psalms 23:1 NIVUK
“‘I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me –”
John 10:14 NIVUK
“But the angel said to them, ‘Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
‘Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favour rests.’”
Luke 2:10-11, 14 NIVUK
“But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.”
Luke 2:19 NIVUK
God works according to His standards.
When you put God in A box, you end up with an empty box.
1. God makes Himself known to all who seek to know Him.
- They saw nothing.
- God knows the difference between those who are just toying with religion and those who sincerely choose to seek Him
- Hebrews 11:6
- It’s about seeking finding and following the only begotten Son of God
2. God gives first-class preference to the so-called second-class.
- “They’re just not one of us.”
- With God there is no second-class
- He reaches beyond the boundaries and invites everyone to find their place in the center of His love.
- “There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”
- Galatians 3:28 NIVUK
3. God’s plan often circumvents conventional wisdom.
- “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.”
- Luke 2:52 NIVUK
- This was God’s plan and not what anyone expected it to be.
- You too will be called to color outside the lines.
- “for the Mighty One has done great things for me – holy is his name.”
- Luke 1:49 NIVUK