Listen to the Message
No one will ever surpass the need for proper nutrition.
The same truth applies to the spiritual life, as well.
The whole objective is that Jesus remains front and center in all that we do.
Nothing gets a Christian off course like ignoring the Bible.
5 Bible Study Strategies
1. Choose A Focus Verse
- “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV
- “.... Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14 NIV
- “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.” 1 Corinthians 15:58 NIV
- “And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you,” 1 Thessalonians 4:10-11 NIV
- Choose a verse that speaks to you, write it on an index card and put it where you’ll see it everyday.
2. Read From the Psalms &/or Proverbs Every Day.
- Proverbs teaches the principles of sound wisdom and successful living.
- Psalms - “Yes, this is me this is my life.”
- “How long, Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and day after day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Psalms 13:1-2 NIV
3. Have a Morning Devotional.
- Is there a sin I need to confess
- Promise I need to claim
- Action I need to take
- Command I need to obey
- Example I need to follow
- Today I need to ________ .
- ..... He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.” Isaiah 50:4 NIV
4. Read the Bible Like A Story.
- “He read it aloud from daybreak till noon as he faced the square before the Water Gate in the presence of the men, women and others who could understand. And all the people listened attentively to the Book of the Law.” Nehemiah 8:3 NIV
5. Study the Bible Like A Student.
- “For Ezra had devoted himself to the study and observance of the Law of the Lord, and to teaching its decrees and laws in Israel.” Ezra 7:10 NIV
Are you spending time in the Word?
When you neglect the Bible, it’s like trying to survive on a diet of potato chips and French fries
Immerse yourself in the Word of God.