Listen to the Message
1 Peter 4:1-19
Peter makes it clear that we will experience many different kinds of trials.
How will you respond?
“Get ready. Jesus suffered, so will you!”
1. Prepare Your Mind.
- “Arm yourself with the same purpose.”
- When you have the strength to endure suffering, temptation loses its power in your life.
- Paul wasn’t merely talking about the future, he was mostly talking about the past.
2. Prepare Your Soul.
- The first step is to take it seriously.
- The second step is to discipline yourself.
- You will find that the more you pray on a daily basis, the more strength you will have to face whenever life brings your way.
- This doesn’t mean that we are to move from criticizing the world to criticizing the church.
3. Prepare Your Heart
- It pleases God for us to get along together.
- Accommodate others. (Without grumbling)
- Serve one another.
- If the only part of service you understand is you expect someone to serve you, you have totally missed the point.
- Encourage one another.
- It is difficult if not impossible, for a divided team to win consistently.
- It’s a matter of the heart; prepare your heart to love and serve and minister to others.