Listen to the Message
2 Peter 1:5-11
Exceeding great and precious promises.
These promises are a lifeline for the Christian's daily walk with God.
"Trade much in the promises. The promises are great supports to faith. Faith lives in a promise, as a fish lives in water."
"Do this, and your life will be both productive and effective for the glory of God."
1. Make it your priority.
- "Do this and do it now. Make it a priority."
- Change doesn't happen by accident.
- Holiness doesn't just seep into your life when you're not looking.
- Make every effort to add to your faith.
- You can't succeed in something that isn't important to you.
2. Measure your progress.
- In increasing measure.
- In every other area of life we understand the concept of incremental growth, but ...............................
- Growth comes incrementally, bit by bit.
- You grow into holiness day-by-day, week-by-week, month-by- month, year-by-year in increasing measure.
- "This is the economy of God, that all good growth is slow growth."
- "How am I doing? Am I growing in each area?"
3. Maintain your perspective.
- Nearsighted and blind? How can you be both?
- You've become self-satisfied and you've stopped moving toward spiritual maturity.
- We need to remember where we came from so that we can recognize where He is taking us.
- I'm not what I ought to be, and I'm not what I want to be, but I'm not yet what I'm going to be, and by the grace of God, I'm not what I used to be.