Listen to the Message
The ability to create lasting change in our lives.
Breaking free from the shackles created by the opinions of others.
Am I seeking the favor of men, or of God?
As long as you're a slave to what others think, you are indeed a slave.
What You Think of Me Is None of My Business.
1. You Need to Become Immune to Criticism.
- The only way to avoid criticism is to say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.
- "the worst call in Super Bowl history."
- They weren't in the game.
- It's the easiest job in the world — doing nothing.
- He picked up five small stones and took care of Goliath.
- So long as I am acting from duty and conviction, I am indifferent to taunts and jeers.
2. You Need to Do Away with Comparisons.
- Envy makes the bones rot. (Proverbs 14:30)
- Nothing good can come of comparing yourself to others.
- They're on their journey and I'm on mine.
- "If anyone wants to be first, he shall be last of all, and servant of all." (Mark 9:35)
3. You Need to be Willing to Grant Others Clemency.
- Criticism, Comparisons, Clemency.
- "Forgiveness is to set a prisoner free, and to realize the prisoner was you."
- Forgive them.
- ...forgive anyone who does you wrong, just as Christ has forgiven you. (Colossians 3:13 CEV)
- Don't give them power that they don't deserve.
- "If I were to see him today, I would probably just keep walking. I have nothing to say to him."
- When the voice of criticism or envy or un-forgiveness calls your name, just keep walking.