Listen to the Message
1 Kings 19:1-21
This first step is to dare to hope again.
You must experience change within.
No amount of external change will do you any good.
It takes time and effort, but it can be done.
You can help how you feel.
They skewer our perspective and cause us to blow matters out of proportion.
The human heart is the most deceitful of all things and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? (Jeremiah 17:9)
He who trusts in his own heart is a fool. (Proverbs 28:26 NASV)
1. Start taking care of yourself.
- He ate, he slept, he walked.
- When people go through an emotional drought, they often begin to ignore the basics of self-care.
- God expects us to take care of ourselves.
- Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? (1 Corinthians 6:19)
2. Reach out to others.
- There's something about emotional turmoil that causes us to become self-absorbed and self-focused.
- Go out and minister to others.
- So put your gifts to work.
- Find a way every day to reach out to someone else.
3. Continue to seek the presence of God.
- "Elijah, stand before me. You're about to experience my presence."
- Don't wait until you feel good to seek God's face.
- But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
- When my life becomes good, I'll feel good, and then I'll do good.
- When you do good, you begin to feel good, and your life becomes good.
- It won't be long until you soar again with the eagles.