Listen to the Message
The streets were jammed and the place was packed
The Triumphant Entry
He came to conquer death and sin and the grave.
He came to empower the hearts of men and women who choose to follow Him.
“These things I have spoken unto you that in me you might have peace.” John 16:33
1. Jesus knew that in the coming days He would suffer a humiliating death... and yet He made the triumphant entry.
- he refused to let that moment diminish the importance of this moment.
- Don’t let the certainty of future sadness prevent from you experiencing the joy of this moment in all its fullness.
2. Jesus knew that many in the crowd would turn against Him... and yet He received their praise.
- That’s not the time to shoot them down and make them feel worse
- A moment of grace and a moment of growth.
- Make the most of the moment.
3. Jesus knew that His followers wouldn’t understand the events as they occurred... and yet He asked them to participate.
- Most of the meaning of this significant event was completely lost in the disciples while it was taking place.
- There will be victories and defeats in your life.
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6