Listen to the Message
There are some things that you can snap out of.
It may not be easy, but you can do it.
“You’re wallowing around in a bad place, and you need to snap out of it.”
1. Repent where you need to repent.
- It’s not easy owning up to your mistakes, but it’s necessary.
- I want you to know this is not what God wants.
- Repentance is all about restoration.
- “Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.” Psalm 71:20 NIV
2. Speak according to your faith, not according to your feelings.
- Speak words of value.
- God wants you and me to speak the empowering truth, based on faith in His promise.
- God wants us to speak not merely the truth, but the empowering truth.
- The empowering truth is that God can turn this mess into a masterpiece.
- The empowering truth is that God can restore you and He can redeem any situation because His grace is greater than our sin.
- Ephesians 4:29
- The situation is dire and God has the power to turn things around.
3. Seek to be an influence for others, rather than being influenced by others.
- People often make the mistake of listening to the wrong voice, and let themselves be influenced in a negative way.
- You have to take responsibility.
- You have to take responsibility for doing your part to create change.
- Do I influence others more than they influence me?
- I will not be influenced by a culture that does not value Christ.